Minerals and trace elements are vital for shrimp, crayfish, snails, and fish, as well as for a functioning biosystem in a tank. A lack or an imbalance may lead to severe problems, manifest in poor plant growth, algae growth, the odd behavior of the tank inhabitants or even losses.
Although, there are many really good products on the market (For example, Aqua Blue Wizard, Shirakura Liquid Minerals, Shrimp King Shrimp Minerals, Brightwell Aquatics, Shrimplab Minerals, GlasGarten), what are the best remineralazers for shrimp tank?
Personally, I would strongly recommend Salty shrimp products:
- minerals GH/KH+ (links to check the price on Amazon).
- minerals GH+ (links to check the price on Amazon).
This is the defacto standard in remineralisers worldwide. Salty Shrimp is used to increase the mineral content soft water, RO/DI or rain water to a level suitable for shrimp.
- Salty Shrimp GH/KH+ increases GH AND KH (ratio 1:0.5)! Since KH has an influence on PH, this mineral is especially suited for shrimp that like higher PH and/or harder water like Cherry/Neocariddina and Sulawesi Shrimp.
- Bee Shrimp minerals GH+ will be the ideal re-mineralizer for Caridina shrimp (CRS / CBS / Taiwan Bee etc.) or other shrimp that require an acidic pH (less than 7.0 pH). It raises the total hardness (GH) without significantly influencing the carbonate hardness (KH). This is especially important for shrimp originating from softwater habitats (ratio of KH/GH: 0.06/1.0).
As I have just said, there are lots of shrimp remineralizers besides salty shrimp. However, right now, hands down, these remineralisers are the best. They have been designed and manufactured especially for the use in a freshwater tank. They improve the water condition and provide your shrimp with all the essential minerals and trace elements via the water, for their health and wellbeing.
In addition, Salty Shrimp minerals support the activities of the all-important filter bacteria and improve plant growth. The danger of noxious bacteria is reduced, as these salts especially further the growth of antagonistic (beneficial) microflora.
- Specifically Designed for Ornamental Shrimp
- Creates Ideal Water Parameters for Keeping and Breeding Shrimp
- Inexpensive way to Remineralize Distilled or Reverse Osmosis Water
- Powdered Form is Easy to Store
- Easy to Mix to Create Ideal Water for Shrimp
It is very easy to use
Mix with water outside of the aquarium. Shrimp Mineral dissolves almost completely within seconds, and the water is ready for use at once. Please make sure that any undissolved particles go into your tank, too. Close container after every use at once as this mineral salt absorbs moisture.
Salty Shrimp Shrimp Mineral has a lot benefits that make it exclusive remineralizer. The biggest benefit is consistency. These remineralisers are powdered. It means that they are more practical. You will always know the exact dose. If you use a liquid substance it may not get mixed well, it is always going to be a little different every time. With Salty Shrimp you will not have this problem. Once you figure out the dosage, it will always be the same unless other factors come into play.